What happens when you lick a battery? | Yahoo Answers - why does a battery shock you when you lick it

Category

why does a battery shock you when you lick it - What happens when you lick a battery? - Answers.com


Apr 11, 2016 · As others have said, touching your tongue on one end of any battery won't do anything unless the battery is dirty or unless it is leaking fluid, which is corrosive and probably toxic. Even if you could touch both ends of a functioning, non-leakin. However, if you lick a 4.5-Volt or a 9-Volt battery so that your tongue touches both positive and negative terminals, you'll feel a slight unpleasant harmless shock. Depends on what kind of battery.

Jan 22, 2014 · Why don't I feel a shock when touching both ends of a household battery? Or even a car battery? (self.askscience) submitted 5 years ago by [deleted] I know that both live and dead batteries taste a bit metallic when you lick them. I hardly think one needs a PhD in Voltaic Gastronomy to be able to observe that battery terminals inherently. Apr 18, 2008 · If you lick one end of an AA or AAA or C or D size battery nothing will happen except that you will taste the metal. However if you lick the two terminals of 9v battery at the same time you can receive a good jolt (shock).Followers: 1.

Dec 19, 2018 · Why does that happen? Well, here’s what goes through your tongue when you lick a 9V battery and why that shock has a flavor. Touching those little knobs or leads of a 9-volt battery won’t give you a shock because the skin is not that good of a conductor of . Apr 10, 2012 · Why don't you get a shock from a battery? You can get a tingling shock by licking the terminals of the small (about 5cm x 2 cm x 1 cm) 9v batteries. Not that I would recommend licking batteries - although it is a weird feeling.